Last updated on 23 August 2016.
- you may make use of our websites www.loveknitting.com, www.lovecrochet.com and associated mobile applications (“Apps“) and any other websites or other online platforms or applications we own and may make available in future (“Website” or “Websites” as applicable, which definition shall incorporate the Apps); and
- we provide certain services via the Websites (or through any medium or device which may be developed in the future) which include (but are not limited to) communications services, forums, search services, and Customer Content (as defined below) and the sale and supply of goods via our subsidiaries (“Goods”);
- together the “Services”
Please note that your purchase of any Goods via our Websites is also subject to terms of sale – for more information please refer to the terms of sale on the country-specific areas of our Websites. For US and Canadian customers, these can be found here. For German customers these can be found here. For all other customers (including UK) the relevant terms of sale can be found here .
Information About Us and Applicability
Our websites, www.loveknitting.com and www.lovecrochet.com, are owned and operated by Lovecrafts Collective Limited (“Lovecrafts”, “we” or “us”), incorporated and registered in the England, whose registered office is at 7th Floor, 10 Bloomsbury Way , London, WC1A 2SL. Our Company registration number is 07193527. Our VAT number is 196 4699 40. Our trading address is 7th Floor, 10 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A 2SL. Our telephone number is 0845 5760 007.
The sale and supply of Goods via our Websites is performed: for all customers other than US and Canadian customers, by our subsidiary Loveknitting Limited; for US and Canadian customers (and any other customers who may purchase from our US and Canadian sites), by our subsidiary Lovecrafts Inc.
Unacceptable use of the Websites includes, but is not limited to:
- disseminating unlawful, libellous, abusive, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable material and material that encourages a criminal offence or results in civil liability;
- gaining unauthorised access to the Websites, servers, databases and other computer systems belonging to us;
- interfering with, disrupting or damaging networks or websites connected to the Website;
- interfering with other people’s use and enjoyment of the Websites;
- introducing viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware or other similar material that will interfere with the Websites and other people’s use of them;
- damaging or disrupting any part of the Websites, any equipment on which the Websites are stored or any software used for the provision of the Websites;
- attacking the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- using data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- creating or publishing your own database featuring all or substantial parts of the Website;
- making, transmitting or storing any copyrighted materials without prior permission of the owner;
- transmitting, or procuring the sending of, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material; or
- breaching any applicable local, national or international laws, regulations or codes of practice; or
- breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
Licence To Use Our Website
While we do our best to keep everything up to date, any of the material on our Websites or our Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The Websites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of the 13, you should not access or use the Websites or register for an account.
You are able to access parts of the Websites without having to register any details with us. Certain areas of the Websites are available for registered users only.
Creating An Account
To create an account you just need to enter your email address and create a password on our Login page on one of our Websites. Once your account is created you will have an account which can be used on any of our Websites and we will automatically create a profile for you using your first name and last initial (“Public Profile”). Unless and until you add your own content to your Public Profile, it will not be visible to (or searchable by) other users of the Websites. You may change your Public Profile name or deactivate your Public Profile at any time.
When you log in to your account, you will be able to do the following:
- proceed through checkout faster when making a purchase;
- check the status of orders;
- view past orders;
- make changes to your account information;
- change, add to or delete content from your Public Profile and/or deactivate your Public Profile;
- change your password; and
- store alternative addresses (for shipping to multiple family members and friends!)
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of your login details and any activities that occur under your account. If you have any concerns about your login details or think they have been misused, you should contact email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org as applicable) straight away to let us know. We can deactivate or delete your account (and/or your Public Profile) for you at any time, on request.
If you deactivate your Public Profile, or request that we do so by email to email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org), it may take up to 2 working days to process your request. Please note that by deactivating your Public Profile, your Public Profile will be suspended and can be reactivated at any time. Deleting your Public Profile is permanent and irrevocable. If you request that we delete your Public Profile, please note that:
- we will not be able to reactivate it for you;
- it may take up to 7 working days to remove your Public Profile from the Websites and we may, after a period of 12 months delete your Public Profile from our back-up files; and
- while we will delete all information and content which relates only to you, we will not be able to remove all comments or content which involve other users – these will remain visible on the relevant Website. Please therefore exercise caution when posting Customer Content on your own or other’s Public Profiles.
Suspension And Termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your access to the Website (including your Public Profile) and removal of your Customer Content;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this section are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Intellectual Property Rights
www.loveknitting.com, Loveknitting, Lovecrochet and Lovecrafts are registered trademarks in the United Kingdom. The content of each of the Websites and Apps, including techniques, source codes, data, technical information and the style or presentation, is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any content on our Website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may only use any content as is permitted using the functionality of the Websites. Any other use of the material and content of the Websites is strictly prohibited. We acknowledge that Goods sold by us, as well as the Website content, may be subject to copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights in favour of third parties. No licence is granted to you to reproduce copyrighted material unless with the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Information About You And Your Visits To Our Websites
Content Posted By You On The Websites
You own all notes, messages, feedback on Goods (via Feefo or otherwise), ideas, suggestions, or other material (whether comprised of words or pictures or otherwise) which you submit via your Public Profile (“Customer Content”). In respect of such Customer Content which is capable of being covered by intellectual property rights (like photos and pictures), you automatically grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display such Customer Content alone, or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether now known or hereafter developed and to sub-license such rights to anyone. Any Customer Content may be used by us and by our affiliates for any purpose without any compensation to you. Furthermore, we shall be entitled to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any Customer Content you post to your Public Profile for any purpose whatsoever. You represent and warrant that (1) you hold all necessary right, title and licence to any Customer Content you post via your Public Profile and (2) your submission of such Customer Content to us does not and will not violate or infringe the rights of any person or third party. You shall not modify, rent, lease, sell or create derivative works from others’ Customer Content without their express consent.
The licence you grant us under this section shall cease when you delete the relevant Customer Content or deactivate or delete your Public Profile, however, once Customer Content has been made public via your Public Profile, we cannot control (and will not be liable for) what others may use it for.
You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You are prohibited from posting any Customer Content or other content on the Websites which is or could be perceived to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable in any way, including without limitation, Customer Content or other content which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise contravene any applicable law. It is, furthermore, your responsibility to ensure that you exercise caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. If you have concerns about the Customer Content of any other users, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org as applicable. We reserve the right to remove Customer Content at any time at our sole discretion.
Offers And Promotions
From time to time we run may offers and promotions, by way of discount codes, sales or otherwise, in relation to our Goods (“Promotions”). All Promotions are non-transferable, subject to availability and specified expiry times are final. Discount codes are valid for one use per customer and no cash alternative will be offered. Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with gift vouchers, or any other promotion or offer including multi-buy deals, other discount codes, sale items and clearance stock, unless otherwise stated. Discount codes are not applicable to purchases of Scheepjes brand products, or other products as we may update from time to time. Each Promotion may be run with its own specific terms which shall be set out on the Promotion and in the case of conflict with the terms set out in this section, the Promotion terms shall prevail. In all cases, we reserve the right to change or withdraw offers, promotions, or sale items at any time and without prior notice.
Links From Our Website
We are not responsible for the content of websites and resources provided by third parties. Where our Websites contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are for you to access at your sole discretion and risk. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking To Our Website
You may only create a link to one of our Websites from another website, document or any other source which complies with the following requirements - any agreed link must be:
- to the Website's homepage;
- established by an owner of a website or document, which does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or breaches the law in the UK and the law in any country from which they are hosted;
- provided in such a way that does not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- presented in such a way that is fair and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
We have no obligation to inform you if the address of the Websites’ home page change and it is your responsibility to ensure that any link you provide to one of our homepages is at all times accurate.
Disclaimers, Limitation Of Liability And Indemnity
To the extent permitted by law, neither Lovecrafts, nor its affiliates, directors, employees or contractors, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising from or in any way connected with the use of the Website, the content of the Website, any delay or inability to use the Website or otherwise in connection with the Website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. Subject to applicable law, we shall not be liable for any of the matters in the following non-exhaustive list: mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or emails, errors, viruses, delays in operation or any failures of performance, whether or not resulting from natural acts, communications issues, theft, destruction, or unauthorised access to our products and services and records.
We disclaim warranties of any kind in relation to the Websites, either expressed or implied. No oral advice, written or electronically transmitted information given by us, our affiliates, directors, employees or contractors, shall create any warranty under any circumstance.
Lovecrafts reserves the right to refuse to accept and process any and all customer orders on any and all products and services and to suspend, discontinue, and refuse the use or acceptance of any and all offers, promotions, discounts, at its sole discretion.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law