How to Work the V Stitch
Learn how to work a V stitch
Learn to work the V stitch, a decorative stitch using double crochet stitches and chains that is easy to learn! The V stitch is perfect for homeware, blankets and cushions, in any weight of yarn. Try it with garments and accessories too!
Step by step
- Make a slip knot.
- Chain in multiples of three, plus five stitches.
- Miss three chains, and work another double, chain double into the next stitch. Repeat until you have four chains left.
- Work the last double stitch into the last chain and stop when you have two loops on the hook.
- Snip the first color yarn, and pull the new color through the two hooks. Chain three and turn.
- Work a double, chain, double into the first V shape from the previous row.
- Repeat the double, chain, double into the next V from the previous row, and repeat until you reach the end of the row.
- Put a double into the top of the Ch3 from the previous row, but change color as before.
- Turn, and repeat the double, chain, double, double sequence in each V from the previous row.
You did it! You just learnt how to work the V stitch!
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
0:57How to half double crochetAn easy yet essential stitch for beginners and seasoned crocheters alike.
1:12How to slip stitchThe slip stitch is one of the foundational techniques in the crocheter’s essential toolbox.