How to work a front post double crochet stitch
Step by step
- Yarn over. Insert your hook into the space below, between the current stitch and the next stitch.
- Bring the crochet hook through the next space, going behind the post.
- Yarn over. Pull the yarn back through all the spaces.
- You should now have 3 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over, pull hook through 2 loops. You should now have 2 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over. Pull hook through 2 loops.
You just created your first front post double crochet!
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
1:12How to slip stitchThe slip stitch is one of the foundational techniques in the crocheter’s essential toolbox.