Who we are
We are LoveCrafts Collective Ltd. Our contact and other details are set out at the end of this policy. We are the data controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this policy (except where this policy explains otherwise).
We operate a number of websites as follows:
If you are a customer of, or have registered with, one of the websites but not the other, then for most purposes your personal data will only be used in relation to the website you have purchased from or registered with. So, for example, if you have registered with LoveKnitting, your personal data will not be used for marketing or promoting LoveCrochet unless you request otherwise.
The purposes for which we collect personal data
We collect and process personal data as follows:
If you are a customer of ours or if you have registered to join any of our online communities (such as those on LoveKnitting, LoveCrochet or Lovecrafts)
We may collect your individual contact information to enable us to communicate with you in relation to the provision of goods or services by us (for example, in order to provide the relevant goods or services) and other personal information relating to you to in the course of providing the goods or services concerned (for example, credit card, bank account or other financial details, and other information relating to you that is included in any communications between us and you in the course of provision of the goods or services).
If you browse any of our websites
If you share any of our web pages on social media
If we wish to send you advertising, marketing or promotional material
We may collect your individual contact details in order to send you direct marketing material in order to advertise, market or promote our goods and services (this will be subject to your prior consent where appropriate). We may combine this with other information we obtain about the things you are interested in and that are relevant to the services provided by us (for example, when you buy something from us or browse our website and view particular content) in order to help us ensure that marketing material that we send you is relevant to what you are interested in.
If you provide goods or services (or you work for someone who supplies goods or services) to us.
We may collect your individual contact information to enable us or other suppliers of ours to communicate with you in relation to the provision of goods or services by you or the person that you work for (for example, in relation to the management and administration of the provision of the relevant goods or services) and other personal information relating to you to in the course of provision of the goods or services concerned. This may include, for example, bank account or other financial details, and other information relating to you that is included in any communications between us and you or anyone you work with in the course of provision of the goods or services.
If we are assessing your suitability or ability to provide goods or services to us or to any of our group companies
We may collect relevant personal information relating to you to the extent necessary to enable that assessment to take place – for example, if we need to assess or confirm your age, your right to work in the UK, your skills and previous experience, your qualifications or whether there is anything that would adversely affect your suitability or ability to provide the goods or services concerned. This will be explained to you in more detail at the time we collect the personal data and, where appropriate, will be subject to your prior consent.
If you apply for a position with us
We may collect personal information in relation to you in connection with any application by you for a position with us. In that case, we will explain in more detail at the time how and for what purposes we intend to process the relevant personal information.
Where we process your personal data
We normally process personal data only in the UK or elsewhere in the EU.
Where necessary in order to manage our business, we may share relevant personal data with our group companies outside the EU, but only to the extent necessary in order to provide the services concerned.
Where you order products from us that are distributed from our warehouse in the US, we will share information relating to you (your name and address together with the products you have ordered) to the extent necessary to enable our service partner who operates our US warehouse to deliver the relevant products to you.
Where personal data is transferred in relation to providing our services we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that it is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism which may include by entering into EC approved standard contractual clauses relevant to transfers of personal information – see:
Security of your personal data
All personal data processed by us is stored securely (the level of security being appropriate to the nature of the data concerned and the other relevant circumstances).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Other disclosures we may make
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements with you or the person that you work for; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, or credit risk reduction.
The legal basis for our processing of personal data
The legal basis on which we process your personal data is as follows:
- Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to processing in order for us to be allowed to do it, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned (in relation to any processing we are carrying out with your consent, see below for how to withdraw your consent).
Otherwise, we will process your personal data where the processing is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person, provided that this will only be in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
How long we keep your personal data
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we process:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned.
- You may request that incorrect personal data that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Where we are processing your personal data for marketing purposes or otherwise based on our legitimate interests, you may in certain circumstances have a right to object to that processing.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing (such as in relation to marketing by email), you may withdraw your consent, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
To exercise any of your rights (including withdrawing relevant consents or obtaining access to your personal data), you should contact us as set out below.
If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal complaint with the Information Commissioner.
Contacting the regulator
The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Our contact details are:
LoveCrafts Collective Ltd
8th Floor WeWork Aviation House
Contact: Data Protection Co-ordinator
Phone: + 44 (0)203 871 5862