How to Crochet a Flower
How to crochet a flower (UK terminology)
Crocheting a flower is simple, fun, and fast. In this video, you will learn how to crochet a five petal flower step by step using the magic loop, double crochet, treble crochet and slip stitch. You will need two colours of yarn, scissors, a tapestry needle to sew in the ends, and a crochet hook.
In this tutorial we have used Paintbox Yarns, which have an assortment of fresh and lovely colours to choose from.
Step by step
- Make a magic ring by winding the yarn around your two fingers in an X.
- Pull the yarn from the furthest loop under the nearest, pull the working yarn over to make a magic ring.
- Holding the working yarn in your left hand, work five double crochets into the ring over the top of the circle yarn and the tail.
- Hold the circle in your left hand and with your right, gently pull the tail to close the magic ring.
- Slip stitch into the first double crochet to complete the circle, and fasten off.
- Add a new colour to any of the double crochet stitches with a simple knot.
- Work three trebles into the same stitch, and then slip stitch into the bottom of that stitch to form a petal.
- Work three trebles and slip stitch into the next stitch to form another petal and repeat until you reach the first petal.
- Slip stitch into the base of the first petal and fasten off.